Sunday, March 12, 2017

Meet the team and the robot

It was great to meet the Harvey Mudd students and Christopher this weekend in person. I learned how to drive the robot manually, as well as set up autonomous routes. This was an exciting experience; I really enjoyed seeing all the sensors, servos, propellers, and lights on the AUV working together to get it to move smoothly through the water. I'm looking forward to doing this in Malta and being able to collect useful data, instead of just practicing with it.

I enjoyed listening to everyone's technical and cultural presentations on Sunday. Particularly, Jane's technical talk. I have a passion for algorithms, and so I'm interested in seeing how her final work comes together, and I hope to help out where ever I can.

Amy putting the fins on the AUV.

The AUV doing an autonomous route off the Cal Poly pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment